Monday, September 12, 2011

Polo...Ringing in Fall

Hey Preps!

Currently I am eating chicken fingers.  It's almost midnight, I just finished all my homework...and Pat would be so mad right now if he saw me sitting here, stuffing my face with breaded fattening chicken and getting crumbs everywhere.  Crumby sheets. Pretty gross... My excuse?  Commiserating over my three tests that I had today.  On the tenth day of school, how is it possible to already have tests?  Not to mention that my history professor decided to keep us twenty extra minutes today...to talk about pilgrims.

Okay lady, Thanksgiving is in November, bring up the pilgrims then because everything you said in the killer twenty you kept us was not recorded by anyone in the class.  However, we all dislike you now.  If you expect us to be timely to class, we expect you to be timely in letting us out of class?  Understand?

So yep, chicken fingers in bed is just hitting the spot right now.  Please don't try this at home.

On a positive note, this past weekend was a lot of fun.  Not so much academically productive, but worth the sacrifice I would have to say.  It involved eight midshipmen coming up to my house from Annapolis, four great friends, my family, food, alcohol, and...POLO.

Fall for me is always brought in with the early September event of Polo.  This year the Polo match was set up to sponsor the YMCA Kid's Scholarship Foundation that allows kids with less fortunate circumstances to enjoy the YMCA programs, sports, and day camps they offer.  What a great cause.

So do you wanna see pictures from the event??

The gents showing off their colorful chino pants!
Never a dull moment...
What a colorful group!
The two men in my life...my Daddy and my Boyfriend :)
"Stomping the divots" during halftime 



Some pictures from the match itself
Rolling Rock Hunt
Pat stomping more divots
Group photo!

So who's coming next year? Second weekend in September!

3 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I love going to polo matches...looks like you all had a blast! xx

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

ive been wanting to get to a polo match for a long time. They look so fun.

i cant handle the amount of school work I have already either! ughh.

Grace said...

Oh, wow, that looks like a ton of fun; you guys do make quite the colorful bunch! I've always wanted to get to a polo match.

Post a Comment