Monday, January 7, 2013

One Happy Cat Lady

(Outfit of the Day:  Polo Ralph Lauren Rugby Polo, Lands' End Canvas Corduroys, Sperry Top-Sider Boots, Swell Caroline Anchor Earrings, Kiel James Patrick Bracelet)
Hey Preps!

I used to joke with my friends about one day being a cat lady (actually I still do), then one day I was with my sister at PetSmart, and the animal shelters from the Pittsburgh area were there with some of the animals that needed homes.  That's when I met Lilly.  She was a little black ball of fuzz and as I watched her play with her brothers, play by herself (yes, she's miss personality), and eventually get so worn out that she fell asleep in the litter box; all in a 15 minute span.  I knew I had to have her.  

So here I am, the proudest cat lady there is.  I love her to death.  However, last night...we had our issues.  I typically don't let her sleep in my bed...but since she was doing no harm fast asleep on my pillow when I decided I needed to hit the hay, I didn't feel as if I needed to kick her out of my room for the night.  Then it started...everywhere I moved, she had to snuggle right up against my face, snoring, and poking me with her whiskers.  I dealt with it for a little bit, but then the sweetie decided to purr at two in the morning.  She was just being her happy self, and I couldn't take it so I moved her downstairs...only for that to result in two hours worth or her crying outside my door.  No sleep for me.

This morning, I get into work, and I jam the copier four times.  No caffeine.  No sleep.  Not accomplishing what I need to.  I just wanted to throw my hands up and walk out the door.  Mondays I tell ya...

Constantly I find myself making excuses as to why I am allowed to feel sorry for myself.  I love personal training, but get taken advantage of at the facility I work, the area I live in isn't fulfilling for me, I have so much on my plate...blah blah blah.  Today I just told myself to quit it.  No more complaining.  

We often find ourselves in ruts because we may not be 100% happy with ourselves or our current situations.  Dwelling on those negative things can only create disheartenment.  If we are always focused on what is wrong in our lives, we are never going to be able to appreciate each day as it comes, or see the lessons in each situation we endure.  In life, we should focus on becoming a little bit better each day.  We should be able to see the beauty in the ups and downs...and start keeping our chins up a little bit more, and nixing the complaining before we even start.

I am not sure what you are going through right now in life, it could be hating your job, struggling with making a decision on what to major in, wondering whether you should make the big move, or recovering from heart break...but trust me, I have been through it all.  If I have learned anything, it's don't dwell on the bad stuff.  Sure, it's hard not to when it is something so huge...but when you do, you are doing nothing beneficial.  

Instead, focus on the good things in your life...look at the positives in your situation, and if you are not far enough removed from them yet, know that there will be a lesson you learn, or an opportunity you are given because of that situation.  Each time you fall down and get back up, you get a little bit smarter and a whole lot stronger.  

Just be the genuine person you are.  Laugh a lot, and know that every little thing...is gonna be alright.
Even if I end up being a cat lady for the rest of my life!

Have a blessed day y'all!

2 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

LOVE this post! I feel like I always focus on the negative/worst aspects of my life instead of focusing on all of the positives. Thanks for the wonderful reminder!

Royar said...

I needed this today! xx

Post a Comment